Data Protection Policy
The Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) 2012 establishes a data protection law that governs the collection, use, disclosure and care of personal data. The main data protection rules will come into force on 2 July 2014.
Personal Data (PD) refers to any information about you from which you can be identified. Examples include your personal particulars, billing and payment details, as well as other information about your use of our services or website.
In this policy, “we”, “us”, “our” or “Season Bus” means Season Bus Services Co Pte Ltd, “you”, “your” or “yours” means the persons to whom this policy applies.
Purpose of Collection:
Your personal data will be collected upon registration or booking (whether by you or on your behalf) on our website, and/or with us directly, for example, at school reception counter. Your personal data will be used for:
- Verifying your identity, and processing applications for services;
- Providing customer-care and account management functions;
- Billing and other credit-related activities;
- Answering any queries you may have;
- Seeking professional advise; and
- Complying with legal and regulatory requirements.
Disclosure and sharing of Personal Data:
- We may disclose your personal data to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy;
- Third-Party Vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, will have access to and may collect Personal Data only as needed to perform their functions and are strictly not permitted to share or use the data for any other purposes; and
- Your Personal Data will only be disclosed with your consent (whether implied or expressively), and reasonable steps will be taken to ensure that the third parties are also legally bound to protect the privacy of your personal data. However, we are not responsible for the content, privacy policies, and practices of the third parties;
- Where disclosure is necessary to comply with applicable laws, governmental or other regulation or the requirements, orders, directions, instructions or notices of any regulatory authority or legal processes;
- When we believe it is appropriate to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights and property of the Companies; and
- Where disclosure is needed for any emergency purposes.
Retention of Personal Data
- This Section sets out our data retention policies and procedure which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal data;
- Personal data that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes; and
- Notwithstanding the other provisions of this Section, we will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing Personal Data:
- a. To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- b. If we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
- c. In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
Accuracy of Personal Data
- Ensure that all Personal Data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with the services you have requested.
- We encourage you to inform us when there are any changes to the Personal Data which you have provided to us, so as to ensure that we have the most current, accurate and complete information.
Security of Personal Data
- Reasonable technical and organisational precautions will be taken to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of any personal data;
- All personal data provided will be stored in our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers; however,
- “Perfect security” does not exist on the Internet, so we cannot give an absolute assurance that the information you provide to us will be secure at all times, hence we cannot be responsible for any event arising from unauthorised access to your personal data, and we will not be held responsible for events arising from third parties gaining unauthorised access to your personal data.
Amendments and updates of Data Protection Policy
This policy may be amended from time to time to ensure consistency with any developments to the way we use your personal data or any changes to the laws and regulations applicable to us. Updated policy will be made available on our website. All communications, transactions and dealings with us shall be subject to the latest version of this policy in force at the time.
Should you have any enquiry relating to your Personal Data and/or our Data Protection Policy, you may write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about PDPA generally, please visit the Personal Data Protection Commission’s website